Confession: I have been eating out and overindulging far too often lately. I’ve fallen into bad habits and I am more than ready for a reset. I feel like there is no better way to jump back on the bandwagon than with a nice, hearty, filling soup. It’s the perfect way to ease back into healthy eating after weeks of overindulging.
While there is no shame in eating canned soup, this Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew is worth the extra effort. And actually, since most of the work is done in the slow cooker, it is hardly any effort at all! This simple and satisfying stew just simmers away all day while you are off worrying about other things, then in the evening you are greeted with a simple, hearty, and filling meal that the whole family will enjoy. Oh, and the leftovers freeze really well too, so you can make a large batch and save some for later.
One of my favorite things about cooking at home is that you have the freedom to customize meals just the way you like them. For example, I like to use my favorite seasoning—Montreal Steak Seasoning—when I cook this Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew. But if you like things spicier, you can totally toss in whatever additional herbs and spices meet your fancy. In fact, you can really change the whole experience of this soup by altering which spices you add in. Craving Mexican? Throw in some taco seasoning and cumin. Italian? Add garlic and oregano. Consider this recipe a springboard for your own creativity, or just enjoy it as written. Either way you will enjoy this easy and healthy meal.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 U onion, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 U Salt and pepper (or other seasoning to taste, I used 1-1/2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 3 U medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into tiny cubes (2 cups)
- 16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1.5 cups frozen corn kernels
- 14.5 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth (I use jarred Better than Bouillon mixed with water)
- 2 cups water
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.