Slow Cooker Greek Chicken and Green Beans is an easy, healthy meal that is full of flavor with tender chicken thighs and lemony green beans. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken and Green Beans couldn't be easier to make and has so much flavor from the lemon, fresh dill, tomatoes, and garlic plus it results in deliciously tender chicken and green beans every time.
For some reason I haven't been using my slow cooker as often as I normally do but this week I couldn't have been happier to pull it back out. I forgot how easy it makes dinner time. Just toss everything into the crockpot in the morning and when it's time to eat, I don't have to think about what we are going to eat. Plus the house smells amazing when we walk in the door. Dinner win.
Now let's get into this recipe. The inspiration comes from traditional Greek green beans that are cooked until they are incredibly tender with tomatoes, dill, garlic, and lemon juice. They are amazing if its something you haven't tried before. Then to make it a complete meal, the green beans are paired with tender chicken thighs. Delicious and easy. And if you want to add a starch, you can throw potatoes in the mix as well. They soak up all the tasty cooking liquid and are the perfect addition. If not, you can serve it up with a big side of orzo, rice, or couscous.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 2 U large tomatoes, diced (or 14 oz. diced canned tomatoes)
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 U lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.