There are lots of recipes around for slow cooker enchilada quinoa casserole and for awhile I have been working on my own version, trying out different combinations of quinoa, black beans, enchilada sauce, and tomatoes. I tried a few with homemade enchilada sauces, but I found there wasn't enough of a difference to warrant the extra prep. From there it's pretty simple, just dump everything in the slow cooker and walk away. One thing to note about cooking quinoa in the slow cooker, it doesn't usually work as well when it is cooked on low for 8 hours. I find it gets mushy, so if possible follow the cooking instructions for 3-4 hours on high.
Slow Cooker Creamy Enchilada Quinoa and Black Beans
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup quinoa
- 14 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 20 oz. canned diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 10 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. canned diced green chilies, drained
- 1 U green pepper, diced
- 1 U red pepper, diced
- 1 U red onion, diced
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.