One of my slow cooker dishes is this Coconut Basil Chicken and I have been wanting to make a vegetarian version for a long time. I never really think to put tofu in the slow cooker, but after seeing this recipe on The Healthy Maven, I couldn't' wait to try it out. Packed with tons of fresh basil, this recipe is a delicious and healthy way to make a delicious Asian inspired meal at home. I like to add bok choy and mushrooms, but almost any veggies would work. Just don't add them until the end if they cook quickly.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 24 oz. extra firm tofu, cut into large strips
- 6 cups baby bok choy, halved
- 1 U onion, sliced
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 14 oz. canned lite coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 U jalapeno, chopped (more to taste)
- 2 U limes
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.