One of my go-to dishes for a quick and easy dinner for groups is this Slow Cooker Chorizo Spiced Pork but it isn't the best solution when you have a group of mostly vegetarians coming over for dinner. Instead of brainstorming a completely new dish, I decided to change up this dish and use chickpeas instead to create a delicious, spicy, fiber packed dish that is great in tacos, over rice, or with some added broth as soup. To add some greens, I used Swiss chard but you could use collard greens, kale, or spinach.
Slow Cooker Chorizo Spiced Chickpeas and Chard
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 cups dry chickpeas
- 6 cups Swiss chard, stemmed and chopped
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder (up to 1 tbsp.)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 4.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.