This recipe is quickly rising to the top as one of my favorite things to make for my vegetarian and vegan friends when they are having a difficult week or just need some help with meal time. It couldn't be easier to make and I find there are a million ways to eat it. I purposefully make this thick so the resulting dish isn't soup like because I think it makes things much more versatile. Add broth when you want a traditional chili but since it is nice and thick you can also make tacos, burritos, stuffed potatoes, and all sorts of other fun combinations. If a traditional chili is what you are after, I recommend adding extra vegetable broth from the beginning so you can get the consistency you want.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Chili Quinoa and Sweet Potatoes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 14 oz. canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 U sweet onion, diced
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp. chili powder
- 1.5 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on low for around 4 hours. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on your slow cooker.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.