I love using my slow cooker but its hard to find vegetarian slow cooker dishes that aren't some variation of a soup, stew, or chili. And while I love a good soup as much as the next person, sometimes I crave something different like this Slow Cooker Char Sui Tofu and Vegetables. If you aren't familiar with Char Sui, it's basically Chinese barbecue with the perfect balance of savory and sweet. For this vegetarian Char Sui Tofu and Vegetables, you start by crisping up the tofu and then cooking it in the sauce in the slow cooker. During the last thirty minutes, you add lots of vegetables to round out the dish. Adding them at the end guarantees they stay tender crisp and don't become too mushy.
Slow Cooker Char Sui Tofu and Vegetables
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 24 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, sliced
- 8 oz. water chestnuts, drained
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.