Instead of buying canned beans, consider making your own in the slow cooker. You can use any beans you like and mix up the spices to suit your tastes.
Slow Cooker Beans
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 1 cup dry kidney beans
- 1 U whole onion, quartered
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 2 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 U cloves garlic, whole
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups boiling water
Add everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Add more water if needed.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.