Although we naturally think of beans when it comes to making meatless tacos, sometimes it's nice to add a grain element to the mix for something different. Lately barley has been one of my favorite ingredients so I took my traditional slow cooker bean taco recipe and substituted half the beans for pearl barley. The spicy, hearty filling is perfect for tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, or over greens. It also freezes great.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 cup frozen corn (or canned/fresh)
- 15 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 oz. canned diced tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.