This simple slow cooker dish is can be made with any hearty root vegetables and makes a great side dish or complete meal. I like to use sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and rutabaga but feel free to add celery root, turnips, red potatoes, butternut squash, or any other sturdy vegetable. Depending on the vegetables you choose and their natural sweetness, you can consider adding 1-2 tablespoons of honey to sweeten things up.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Root Vegetables
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, washed and chopped
- 1 lb. parsnips, washed and chopped
- 1 lb. carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 U rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.