I hated Shepherd’s Pie as a child, probably because I hated mashed potatoes too. Weird. Very happy I grew out of that but not so happy there are no leftovers today to eat for lunch. I am still thinking about this yummy Shepherd’s Pie. This dish delivers everything you hope for in a Shepherd’s Pie but is lightened up by using very lean ground beef instead of lamb and a blend of cauliflower and potatoes for the topping. If you wanted a low Carb recipe or to lighten it up even more, you could use only cauliflower mash.
Skinny Shepherd’s Pie
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 U cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef, 95% lean
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 1 U stalk celery, chopped
- 2 U carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp flour
- 2 U sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup canned creamed corn
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste (optional)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.