White beans, tomatoes, and spinach is one of my go-to combinations for a quick meatless dinner. I just love how the flavors combine, especially when you throw in lots of fresh garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, rosemary, and fresh basil. And there is some cheese on top for good measure, it's hard to eat this meal without cheese in my opinion. I usually serve it up with couscous, spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, or some nice crusty bread.
Skillet White Beans, Spinach, and Tomatoes with Feta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 28 oz. canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 20 oz. canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (optional)
Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, and rosemary. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, stirring to prevent burning.
Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring as needed.
Add the white beans and spinach. Continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes. Top with fresh basil and feta.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.