So let’s talk tofu for a minute. First, let’s just acknowledge that it isn’t everyone's’ cup of tea. Some people hate the texture, some people think it smells weird, the taste isn’t for everyone but I would argue that prepared correctly it can be pretty tasty. For me that means crispy on the outside, packed with some yummy and spicy flavors, and paired with something with crunch like sugar snap peas. Still not with me? Just substitute chicken or shrimp for the tofu in this recipe and you are good to go. It will still taste great. You could even use both to please tofu lovers and haters in the same house.
Sesame Tofu and Sugar Snap Peas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 20 oz extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (Stevia for low carb)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.