Seared Tuna with Pineapple Salsa
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 2 tbsp red pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb tuna, cut into steaks (I used ahi tuna)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp blackening spice (store-bought or homemade)
Mix together the pineapple, red onion, red pepper, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, cumin, and salt to create the salsa.
Rub the tuna with the blackening spices on both sides.
Get a skillet nice and hot over medium high heat. Add the coconut oil.
As soon as it melts, add the tuna steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.