I have always been a big fan of weekend breakfast hash as a way to use up any meat and veggies I have hanging around from the week. This past week I had planned on making a butternut squash soup but ended up running out of time. This meant at the end of the week I was staring at the squash trying to figure out what to make. Since I love the combination of butternut squash and apples and happened to have some leftover ground turkey sausage in the freezer, I decided on a hash using these three items which made the perfect weekend breakfast. I seasoned it up with some rosemary but any spice you like would work. I served it with some simple poached eggs and it was a hit.
Sausage, Butternut Squash, and Apple Hash
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground turkey sausage (or vegetarian sausage)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 U sweet onion, diced
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 6 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 U apple, chopped
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.