videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Bring 3 cups of water and 1 cup white vinegar to a boil in a medium pot. Turn down the heat and add the fingerlings, whole. Boil for 7-10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and place on a cutting board. Smash down with a rolling pin, can, or other large heavy object. Even the back of a large knife would work.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place a baking sheet inside as the oven preheats. This step is extremely important to make sure the potatoes come out crispy. The baking sheet should be hot and you should hear the potatoes sizzle when you spread them out on the sheet.
- Place the smashed potatoes in a large mixing bowl and spray with cooking spray to coat. Add salt, pepper, and paprika and toss together until evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer across the baking sheet.
- Cook potatoes for between 15-20 minutes (or until they get crispy). Flip the potatoes after about 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve on their own with malt vinegar drizzled on top or as a side dish.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.