Lately I have been thinking a lot about side dishes with Thanksgiving coming up. Although I have never been in charge of the turkey, I like to leave that to the seasoned pros; I am almost always in charge of a few sides dishes or desserts. And this year instead of throwing all caution to the wind and loading up potatoes with butter and cream, I am going to opt for a tasty, less heavy version made with cauliflower, potatoes, and roasted garlic. In my opinion, the roasted garlic makes up for the missing fat and the combination of cauliflower and potato cuts down on both the carbs and calories. I like to include one potato for texture, but if you are following a low carb or paleo diet, you can leave that out completely or replace it with 1 cup of chopped celery root. If you can, make this one day ahead of time to really let the flavors combine before serving.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 12 U garlic cloves (whole bulb)
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 tbsp light butter
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.