Roasted Chickpea and Kale Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 20 oz. canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 U bunches kale, stemmed and chopped (I prefer Lacinto)
- 2 U cucumbers, chopped
- 4 U green onions, chopped
- 1 U mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 U lemon
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Dry the chickpeas very well. Toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Place on a prepared baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes until browned.
Meanwhile, place the kale in a large bowl and add 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper. Massage using your hands for around 3 minutes or until softened.
When the chickpeas are finished toss with the kale and remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice over top.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.