This recipe combines three of my favorite things - Brussels sprouts, quinoa, and cranberries - into one delicious dish studded with apples, garlic, parsley, and a balsamic vinegar and Dijon dressing. It's delicious and works as a bowl or salad and can be served warm or cold. One important thing is to really make sure to get some nice brown color on the sprouts. It deepens the flavor and really works in the dish as a whole. If you are worried about the apples getting too mushy, roast them during the last ten minutes or leave them raw.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.33 lbs Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 U apples, chopped
- 2.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar (dressing)
- 1 tsp. olive oil (dressing)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 U cloves garlic (dressing)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (dressing)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (dressing)
Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the Brussels sprouts and apples with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Lay flat on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minute until tender and browned.
Make the dressing by stirring together the balsamic garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and olive oil.
Assemble the bowls by tossing together quinoa, sprouts, apples, cranberries, parsley, and dressing.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.