I have always loved Brussel sprouts, so when I saw this recipe on Oh My Veggies I couldn't wait to recreate it. Roasted Brussels sprouts, chewy wheat berries, and lemon - perfect combination in my mind. The only change I made was to add some roasted apples for sweetness and to leave out the walnuts. You could use roasted grapes as well, which would be delicious and could definitely add in any nuts you nut.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 U apples, chopped
- 1 U shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 U lemon (juice and zest)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.