Lately I have been making all kind of main course quinoa salads against the protest of my husband, who continues to argue that salad should only be a side dish. I am dead set on changing his mind and am trying to do so one salad at a time. This Quinoa Herb Greek Salad with White Beans was a real challenge since it is both a salad dinner and a meatless dinner - two big no-no's in his book. But we are slowly making progress.
While he wouldn't call this dinner, he did say it was delicious. And truth be told, he ate this alongside some rotisserie chicken I had set aside in case this very thing happened. All in all, I would call this one successful salad and one small step towards making salad a dinner option in out household.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Quinoa Herb Greek Salad with White Beans
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 14 oz. canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 4 U radishes, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 U lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. You can make this salad with warm or cooled quinoa.
- Toss everything together with the quinoa. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.