I am a little obsessed lately with quinoa meatballs. I made them a few weeks back with zucchini and then proceeded to make them three more times for pasta, sandwiches, and my personal favorite tacos. There is a popular Mexican dish, albondigas, that is essentially meatballs cooked in a tomato, chipotle sauce and then smushed into tacos and sprinkled with a little cilantro and onion. They are dreamy. So this dish is simply a meatless version of that household favorite, made with some mushrooms and smoky chipotle peppers. They work great in a bunch of recipes so plan on making some extras for sandwiches, pasta, and definitely leftover tacos.
Quinoa Chipotle Meatballs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 12 oz mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 U chopped onion
- 2 U eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 U bay leaf
- 4 tbsp. canned chipotles in adobo (or to taste)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.