Tostadas are one of my favorite quick weeknight meals. Not only can they be healthy and packed with good for you veggies and beans, they are packed with flavor and come together in under thirty minutes. While the combinations are virtually endless, lately I have been loving the simple combo of pinto beans, poblano peppers, and zucchini flavored with lots of spices. The result is slightly spicy and smoky which in my mind is exactly what you want in a tostada. From there, pile on the toppings, and you're ready to eat.
Poblano Pepper and Pinto Bean Tostadas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 U corn tortillas
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups canned pinto beans
- 1 U zucchini chopped
- 2 U poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 U red onion, sliced thin
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 U tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (or queso fresco)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.