Tacos normally come to mind when I need a quick and easy dinner and one of my favorite tacos to make are these poblano pepper, mushroom, and black bean tacos. The poblano peppers adds a nice and mellow heat that pairs perfectly with the earthy mushrooms and black beans. Served in warm corn tortillas with queso fresco (any cheese would work) and cilantro, it's a delicious vegetarian meal.
Poblano, Mushroom, and Black Bean Tacos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced into strips
- 2 U poblano peppers, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 U red onion, sliced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 8 U corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the poblano peppers, onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook for 7-10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in the black beans, cumin, paprika, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes until beans are warmed through.
Warm the tortillas. To serve, fill tortillas with mushroom mixture and top with queso fresco, cilantro, and your favorite salsa.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.