Perfect Roast Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 lbs whole chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 10 U sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 U lemon, halved
- 12 U garlic cloves (whole head, cut in half crosswise)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil or ghee)
- 1 U large onion, thickly sliced
- 4 U carrots cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 U bulb fennel, tops removed, and cut into wedges
- 1 lb. celeriac, cubed
Preheat the oven to 425.
Wash the chicken and pat it dry completely. Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Stuff with the lemon, 3/4 of the thyme bunch, and the garlic.
Brush the outside of the chicken with the melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the onion, carrots, fennel, and potatoes to the bottom of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the remaining thyme over the veggies.
Place the chicken on top. Roast for 90 minutes or until the juice run clear. Let rest for 30 minutes, tented with foil, before serving.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.