Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.25 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 U egg
- 1 U egg white
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or Splenda brown sugar blend)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 U ripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup reduced fat peanut butter
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Place the bananas, with the peels on, in the oven for about 10 minutes until the skins become completely black. This will caramelize the banana and add more intense flavor to the bread, and also is a great trick if your bananas aren’t completely ripe. Let them cool.
Combine all of the dry ingredients – flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Mash the bananas using a fork and then whisk together with the egg, egg whites, yogurt, and peanut butter.
Pour the banana and egg mixture into the dry ingredients and fold together.
Pour everything into a bread pan, sprayed with non fat cooking spray, and cook for around 35 minutes or until bread has risen and a toothpick comes out clean.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.