This summer Peach and Arugula Wild Rice Salad is full of fresh summer vegetables, hearty wild rice, sweet peaches, and goat cheese all paired with a light lemon vinaigrette.
I can't get enough peaches these days. They are just so incredibly delicious this time of year and I want to put them in pretty much everything. Growing up my mother always added fresh fruit to our salads to add some natural sweetness and this time of year, peaches are the thing to add. Paired with the nutty wild rice and peppery arugula in this salad, they add just the right amount of sweetness to balance out the other flavors. And to make it really special, top it all off with some crumbled goat cheese. You could use avocado instead if you wanted to avoid dairy but still add some creaminess.
Peach and Arugula Wild Rice Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 U lemon, juice
- 2 tsp. honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 U peaches, chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups purple cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup basil
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.