I love grain and vegetable salads and everything tastes better with goat cheese. To make this delicious main dish or side dish, whole wheat orzo, kale, lemon, and goat cheese is combined. It can be served warm or cold and will keep well for a few days in the fridge.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Orzo, Kale, and Goat Cheese
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 cup whole wheat orzo
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups kale, chopped with stems removed
- 14 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 U small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the orzo according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the kale and sauté until wilted and soft.
- Toss together the orzo, kale, black beans, red onion, and goat cheese.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, vinegar, cumin, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Use it to dress the whole salad and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.