Spring is finally here and I have spring vegetables on the brain, so when I saw this One Pan Spring Vegetable and Brown Rice Casserole from Cook Nourish Bliss, I couldn't wait to try it. It's packed with mushrooms, asparagus, and peas plus plenty of garlic and Parmesan cheese. And there is only one dish to clean up at the end, which is always something to celebrate. It also shockingly was a hit on our home even though it was meatless. Usually I would have to throw some grilled chicken on the side, but we all ate this up without wondering where the rest of the meal was. I think this was due to the white beans since they add some protein and fiber.
When it comes to this dish, you can definitely experiment with different veggies and cheese. I think it would be amazing with some fresh cherry tomatoes, fennel, broccoli, or sugar snap peas. And you can never go wrong with cheese. Also consider adding some fresh chopped herbs, lemon juice, or if you must - chicken or shrimp.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 U red onion, sliced thin
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 2.5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 15 oz. canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.