videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Mini Spinach and Artichoke Bread Bowls
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 16 oz. reduced fat biscuit dough (or reduced fat bread dough of your choice, crescent rolls, french bread, pizza dough)
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed with moisture squeezed out
- 8 oz. can of artichoke hearts, packed in water
- 1 U garlic clove
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Preheat you oven to the cooking temperature on the biscuit dough. The one I used was 400 degrees.
Using a food processor or knife, pulse the artichoke hearts, garlic, and onion until well finely diced.
Add to a large bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. If you wanted at this point you could pour the dip into a large ceramic baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until it bubbled up and serve it as regular spinach artichoke dip.
Spray your mini muffin tray with cooking spray. Roll out the biscuit dough on a flat surface and divide into 24 servings. Stretch out into each muffin cup in a mini muffin tray, pushing the dough into the cups and up the sides as needed. Divide up the spinach artichoke dip into each muffin cup. If you do not want to roll out and divide out the dough, you can just make 20 bread bowls by splitting each biscuit serving in half. The points value will go up to 3 if you do this and you may have some leftover dip.
Bake according to package directions. It may take 3-5 additional minutes to bake through. Enjoy!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.