Lately I have been making a ton of recipes using farro instead of the traditional quinoa, brown rice, or quinoa. I love the texture and nutty flavor and it's a great alternative when you get sick of the same grains over and over. For this simple and healthy meal, farro is used as the base to build a delicious Mediterranean bowl with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, cucumber, black olives, and feta cheese. It's delicious warm or cold and keeps well in the fridge to have as leftovers.
Mediterranean Farro Bowl
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup dry farro
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 U cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.