This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons & Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.
I don't know about you, but I am always on the lookout for quick, easy, and nutritious meals I can make with ingredients I already have at home. That's why I couldn't be more excited to team up with Albertson's/Safeway to bring you today's recipe as part of their Cans Get You Cooking showcase.
From delicious recipes and meal solutions to nutrition and sustainability information, Cans Get You Cooking showcases the nutrition, freshness and flavor that canned foods offer. With a well-stocked pantry —or Cantry— you can get through the week with creative healthy, homemade meals.
Personally, having a well stocked Cantry has always been one my strategies for avoiding unhealthy takeout or drive-throughs when I don't have time to run to the market. I find that with a few nutritious canned items combined with some fresh ingredients I have on hand, I can make a delicious meal that’s healthy and tasty. And that was the inspiration for today’s recipe.
Using canned artichoke hearts, chickpeas, and black olives paired with some fresh tomatoes, parsley, cucumbers, and Greek yogurt (things I almost always have at home), this Mediterranean Chickpea Flatbread makes the perfect quick lunch or dinner. It only takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish, and is packed with good for you ingredients.
Ready to try more delicious recipes using products in your Cantry, head over to Cans Get You Cooking and check out all the yummy recipes.
Mediterranean Chickpea Flatbread with Herbed Yogurt
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 14 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 14 oz. canned artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 4 oz. canned sliced black olives, drained
- 2 U tomatoes, chopped
- 1 U English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (or 2 tbsp. dried)
- 1 U lemon (juice and zest)
- 4 U reduced calorie pita bread (or flatbread around 100 calories each)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.