videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Low Fat Blueberry Cream Cheese Scones
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, frozen
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (cold)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz fat free cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Mix together blueberries with 1 tbsp of sugar. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using a large cheese grater, grate the frozen butter into the flour. Mix together well.
- In another bowl, mix together the vanilla and buttermilk. Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moist. Try not to overmix. Fold in the blueberries and cream cheese pieces.
- Using a cookie sheet, lined with parchment, drop 8 equal large spoonfuls on a cookie sheet. Bake on the center rack for 16-18 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes (if you can wait that long) and enjoy!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.