Low Carb Zucchini and Turkey Bolognese with Ricotta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1.33 lbs. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1.5 tsp. oregano
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 U large zucchini
- 3 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat ricotta
Add the olive to a large pan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and turkey. Continue to cook, breaking up the turkey, until it is no longer pink, Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
Add the crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer.
Meanwhile using a spiralizer, mandolin, sharp knife, or peeler, cut your zucchini into noodles or ribbons.
Add the zucchini to the sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
Stir in basil and ricotta OR top with basil and ricotta.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.