videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Low Carb Vegetable and Shrimp Alfredo
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U zucchini, cut into noodles
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. light butter
- 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour (or arrowroot for lower carb, see recipe)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.25 cups fat free milk
- 1 U Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the zucchini noodles using a spiralizer, mandolin, or vegetable peeler.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add the asparagus, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower, and garlic. Cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3-6 minutes until pink and opaque. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small pan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute until lightly browned. Whisk in the milk and cook until thick and bubbling. For lower carb, melt the butter and then add the milk. Bring to a simmer and add the arrowroot and continue cooking until it thickens.
- Stir in the cheese until it melts completely.
- Toss together the zucchini noodles, shrimp, vegetables, sauce, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.