This family favorite has been around forever and is a classic dish that seems to be a favorite for many. With that said, I didn't try Sloppy Joes until I was probably twenty five years old while helping a friend babysit. She was making this dish for the kids. To be honest, I wasn't impressed at first and found the ketchupy, sweet sauce a little off-putting. However I did see potential in the dish and wanted to work to create a healthier version at home without all the sugar. I also wanted to add some flavor to the dish which is why I reached for the grill seasoning.
Low Carb Turkey Sloppy Joes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1.33 lbs. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 U red pepper, minced
- 1 U green pepper, minced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. grill seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.