I am pretty obsessed with this sweet and spicy chicken lately. I have been making it almost every week to have during the week for quick lunches. It's perfect for lettuce wraps, bowls with cauliflower rice and veggies, or quesadillas with some broccoli and cheese. To keep it low carb, I used Stevia instead of brown sugar, which would be traditionally used. The Asian garlic chili paste adds tons of flavor and isn't as spicy as you would expect. However if you are worried about the spice level, start with half and just add more after cooking if you want it spicier. Also I like a mix of chicken breast and chicken thighs, but you could just use one or the other as well.
Low Carb Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1 tsp. Stevia (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup Asian garlic chili paste
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.