It took me a long time to come around to roasted squash dishes. I use to refuse them as a kid when my Mom would make them and now I can't believe there was a time when I didn't enjoy the nutty, slightly sweet, delicious taste or roasted squash. My favorite way to prepare it is with butter, sugar/Stevia, chili powder, and a touch of cinnamon for a sweet and spicy combination that is delicious. I use the microwave to cut down on cooking time, but you could also roast the squash in the oven the whole time.
Low Carb Sweet and Spicy Acorn Squash
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U acorn squash, seeded and cut in half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 U packet Stevia (or to taste)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.