Do y'all know about black soy beans? They are a pretty amazing lower carb, higher protein, high antioxidant alternative to traditional beans and the perfect addition to any diet, especially a low carb one. Normally they come canned, although you may be able to find them dry in a health food store, and there are so many ways to use them. One way is in today's yummy chicken taco recipe where they stand in for a more traditional black bean. However these little low carb wonders also work great in hummus, chilis, dips, and almost any recipe calling for beans. Since they can be hard to find, I usually stock up when I go to a health food store that carries them or order a bunch from Amazon. Since they are canned, they last forever.
Low Carb Spicy Chicken and Black Soy Bean Tacos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U red onion, sliced thin
- 1 U green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 U chipotle pepper in adobo plus 1 tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned black soy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 tbsp. cilantro
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.