Lately I have been all about boneless skinless chicken thighs. I find they are so much more flavorful than traditional chicken breasts and they stay moist and tender. One of my favorite ways to prepare them is in a simple homemade spicy barbecue sauce that's spiked with my of my favorite hot sauces - Sriracha. You can make the sauce as spicy or mild as you like and could even leave it out if you just wanted an Asian style barbecue sauce. I also sometimes add minced ginger, which adds a terrific spice and flavor.
And the leftovers? Don't even get me started. They are delicious in salads, tacos, lettuce wraps, and sandwiches. Toss it with some mandarin oranges, edamame, crispy Romaine, and scallions for one killer Asian Chicken salad.
Low Carb Spicy Barbecue Chicken Thighs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.67 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1 U shallot, minced
- 2.5 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 U packets Stevia (or more to taste, use honey for Paleo)
- 1/3 cup ketchup, no sugar added (Paleo approved)
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha (or more)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.