Low Carb Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Chili tastes just like a delicious pepperoni pizza in soup form that's surprisingly light and healthy.
Low Carb Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Chili will quickly become your family's favorite soup recipe since it has all the flavors of a pepperoni pizza but in a healthy, low carb chili.
I don't know about you but as soon as the weather cools down, chili is one of the first things I want to make. And although I love the traditional chili recipes, I jumped at the chance to combine two of my favorite things, chili and pepperoni pizza, when I saw this recipe. I also knew that if it was good (it's amazing by the way!), I would be the most popular person at our football watching get togethers. I mean it's a recipe that brings together two of everyone's favorite football watching foods.
To keep this version lower in carbs, I eliminated the beans from the recipe and added extra meat. If you really crave beans, you could use black soy beans which are much lower in carbs than traditional beans. You could also add some veggies if you want to sneak them in. Spinach, zucchini, and cauliflower would all be really good.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Low Carb Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Chili
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound hot Italian style turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 U medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced (I use jarred)
- 8 oz. salsa
- 8 oz. marinara sauce
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Stove top: Using a Dutch oven or large pot, cook the ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat. Break the meat up while it is cooking and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Drain if needed. Add the salsa, marinara sauce, turkey pepperoni, water, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring everything to a boil and then lower the heat. Cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp cheese.
- Slow Cooker: Cook the ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat. Break the meat up while it is cooking and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Drain if needed. Add that to the slow cooker along with the salsa, marinara sauce, turkey pepperoni, water, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.