This is one of my very favorite recipes on the site. I make it at least once a month and there are constantly requests to have it more often. We normally eat it as tacos but always save the leftovers for lettuce wraps, salads, and rice bowls. Now let's talk about this beef. It's packed with flavor from the soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, red onion, and jalapeno. You can make it as spicy as you like.
The original recipe for Slow Cooker Korean Beef calls for brown sugar but for this low carb version, Stevia is used instead. I recommend adding it slowly to the sauce and tasting along the way. If you prefer a more natural sweetener you could use honey, agave, or fruit juice as well.
Low Carb Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 lbs. extra lean top round roast, trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp. Stevia (adjust to taste)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 8 U garlic cloves
- 1/2 U red onion, diced
- 2 U jalapenos, diced (take out if you don’t like spicy)
- 2.5 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.