Almost every time I buy pineapple, I almost eat the entire thing in one sitting. Seriously, I have to consciously put most of it away or before I know it the entire thing is gone. And while pineapple is a healthy option, I don't think it stays so healthy when you eat an entire thing.
Now that you are aware of my deep seeded love of pineapple, my new challenge has been incorporating it into more savory dishes. Usually I make quick pineapple salsas or add it to a stir-fry, but I am loving it in the slow cooker with chicken, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. The pineapple adds a nice sweetness to the dish and if you can tolerate some spice add a whole habanero or some jalapenos for a sweet and spicy flavor. Yum.
What are your favorite ways to use pineapple?
Low Carb Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped (or canned )
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos for Paleo/Whole30)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 U habanero peppers (optional)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.