I have always been fascinated with Southern style shrimp boils packed but never thought to make them at home since the ingredients can be hard to find and it isn't exactly low carb with all the potatoes and corn. However last week after seeing a proper shrimp boil on a cooking show, I was inspired to try and create my own low carb shrimp boil at home using one of my favorite cooking methods - foil packets on the grill. Using foil packets on the grill allows you to steam whatever is inside while also adding some smoky flavor and char. It's a great way to cook any quick cooking protein with vegetables.
Now let's talk about these flavor packed Shrimp Boil Foil Packets. They are filled to the brim with shrimp, chicken sausage, mushrooms, green beans, turnips, and lots of Cajun seasoning for a flavor bomb. I like to serve them with a touch of butter and lots of lemon juice. I recommend using an andouille sausage if you can find it, but any sausage will work.
Low Carb Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 U lean chicken sausages, sliced (about one pound, I used andouille)
- 1.33 cups green beans
- 2 cups mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
- 1 U sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 lb. turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.