videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Low Carb Shortcut Shepard's Pie Filling
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 U celery ribs, chopped
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (or arrowroot or flour)
- 8 oz frozen mixed vegetables (low carb mix)
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (or beef)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- salt and pepper
Meanwhile, brown the turkey in a skillet until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside turkey.
Add the olive oil to the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook for 5-8 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch.
Add the frozen vegetables, chicken or beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and rosemary. Stir together and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Layer with your favorite mash - cauliflower, sweet potato, potato, or butternut squash.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.