This is one of those recipes I cook anytime I can't decide what to have for dinner. It's quick and easy, plus it always makes everyone around the dinner table happy. I also love that there are so many different ways to serve it. It can be paired with some simple brown or cauliflower rice and fresh veggies for a quick Asian rice bowl. It can be wrapped up in lettuce or low carb tortillas for Asian lettuce wraps or tacos. It also is delicious in a big salad with lots of crunchy veggies.
Low Carb Sesame Beef
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lb lean sirloin steak (for stirfry)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (or arrowroot for lower carb)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 U packets Stevia (or honey)
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 4 tsp. sesame seeds
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, whisk the beef stock, Stevia, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, and white vinegar together. Set aside.
In another bowl, toss the beef with salt, pepper, and cornstarch (arrowroot).
In a large pan (make sure it’s oven safe) heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the beef in one layer. Cook for three minutes on one side until seared and then flip and cook for another three minutes on the other side.
Turn off the heat and pour the beef stock mixture over the beef, stirring to combine.
Place the entire pan in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Then toss the beef with sesame seeds and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.