Low Carb Peanut "Noodles" with Chicken Thighs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U spaghetti squash
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup reduced fat peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 U celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 4 U chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
Cook the spaghetti squash in the oven or microwave. Scrape out cooked squash and set aside. To microwave, pierce the squash all over and microwave for 10-12 minutes until tender.
Whisk together the PB2, soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, lime juice, and Sriracha to create the peanut dressing.
Add sesame oil to a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add a touch of cooking spray to the skillet (just to make sure nothing sticks since we aren’t using a lot of oil) and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside and add the vegetables and 2-3 tbsp. of water. Cook until just tender.
Add the squash, chicken, and sauce to the pan. Toss everything together and let warm for 2-3 minutes. Top with cilantro.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.