Lets just say that I love any meal that can be made into a lettuce wrap. Ever since having my first one years ago, I have been slightly obsessed with making all kinds of versions at home. Lately this has been one of my favorites. I love the marinade of soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, scallions, black pepper, and sesame oil and the fact that it cooks up in about 3 minutes. Once it's cooked, wrap it up with your favorite veggies and you have a meal that everyone is sure to love.
Low Carb Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. lean flank steak (like Laura’s Lean)
- 1 U cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 U packets Stevia
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 4 U scallions, minced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 U head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Wrap the steak in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. This will make it easier to slice.
Meanwhile, toss the cucumber with the rice vinegar and set aside.
Mix together the soy sauce, orange juice, Stevia, garlic, green onions, black pepper, and sesame oil.
Remove steak from freezer and slice thinly against the grain. Add to marinade and let rest for 15 minutes. During this time you can get all the garnishes ready.
Preheat a skillet to medium hot or a grill to medium hot.
Remove the steak from the marinade and quickly sear for 1-2 minutes per side until cooked to your liking.
Serve in lettuce wraps with garnishes.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.