Lately I have been loving the combination of anything sweet and savory, especially when it comes to fall fruit like pears and apples. So when I was tasked with creating a low carb brunch pizza dish for a friend's shower a few weeks back, I decided to make this ham and cheese flatbread with spinach and fresh pears. I almost added some scrambled eggs to it as well but was nervous about how they would keep if it sat out for a while. Not that it did - all four flatbreads were literally eaten up in minutes. However next time I make this at home, there will definitley be some eggs as well.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Low Carb Ham, Spinach, Cheese, and Apple Pizzas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U low carb wraps (like Flatout light)
- 2 cups marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- 2 cups lean boneless ham, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 U garlic clove, minced (or more)
- 1.33 cups part skim shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- 1 U pear, julienned
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Once warm, place the flatbreads directly on the oven rack and cook for 3-4 minutes until firm.
Remove and spread the pizzas with marinara sauce. Top with ham, spinach, garlic, mozzarella, salt, and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes until crust is beginning to brown and cheese is melted.
Top with sliced pears.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.