Struggling to find healthy low carb lunches? Consider whipping up this lower carb grilled veggie hummus wrap. To cut back on the number of carbohydrates, I decided to use a low carb edamame hummus as well as low carb wraps. To that we add delicious grilled veggies and some feta cheese to create a yummy nutritious wrap. If you are planning on making this ahead of time for lunches during the week, just pack the veggies and hummus separately so that the wraps don't get soggy. Then assesmble when you are ready to eat.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Low Carb Grilled Veggie Hummus Wrap
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U red onion, sliced
- 1 U red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 U eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 U zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup edamame hummus ( made with just edamame, not chickpeas)
- 4 U low carb wraps (like FlatOut Light)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the vegetables for 3-4 minutes per side or untl cooked to your liking. The onions and peppers may take a bit longer than the other veggies. Remove and coarsely chop vegetables. Toss with basil.
- Spread 2 tbsp. hummus on each flat bread, leaving a little space at the edges. Divide vegetables and sprinkle on 2 tbsp. feta. Roll up and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.